Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Depression Self-Test

My life feels like I'm trapped in a snowglobe, or not living, simply existing, as the case may be.

Here are some of the symptoms of depression I stole off the innerwebs. My replies are in red.

DELAY IN FALLING ASLEEP AND RESTLESS SLEEPING

Yep. I stayed up Monday night until about 1 o'clock in the afternoon so I could run some errands in the morning--I knew I wouldn't get up in time. Then I slept from six o'clock pm until midnight. I'm going to bed after I'm done with this. I hope.

WAKING UP TOO EARLY

Almost never.

SLEEPING TOO MUCH

Last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I slept until 5pm--after going to bed around 2am.

FEELING SAD

Definitely.

FEELING OVERPOWERED

And undersmart. Just smart enough to know I'm not that smart.

DECREASED OR INCREASED APPETITE

Decreased. I eat about once a day, and snack a couple of times. Definitely unusual.

SUDDEN LOSS/GAIN OF WEIGHT

Nope, neither.

CONCENTRATION/DECISION MAKING

Definitely.

DECREASED SELF ESTEEM

Even commercials can cause me to doubt myself and feel stupid.

THOUGHTS OF DEATH OR SUICIDE

Quite a bit.

LACK OF INTEREST

The only thing that seems to pique my interest is shopping, which I can't really afford because I'm unemployed.

ENERGY LEVEL

Low. Very low.

FEELING RESTLESS

That too. I feel like a pinball sometimes, even while sitting still.

FEELING LIKE MOVING OR SPEAKING IS MUCH SLOWER

Definitely. My brain feels like it needs to be warmed up before speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment