Thursday, June 3, 2010

Effed Up Sleep Patterns

For the past few days, since Memorial Day, I have been staying up until dawn, and then sleeping until 5pm or later. I've been staring, slack-jawed and drooling, at MSNBC and CNN and the oil spill gusher. I've watched Anderson Cooper 360; Countdown With Keith Olbermann; Rachel Maddow; and Morning Joe. Live and on DVR. Repeatedly.

Last night/this morning (?) I went to bed around 5am, read until 7am, had a blood glucose crash about 2:30pm, got up, ate, and stared at TV until 9pm, then got on the net until now. I was on my way to bed, but was caught in a chat on FB.

Perhaps I can get on a regular sleep schedule? I feel like my body is on a 36-hour schedule. I'm just not tired at 11pm, midnight, or later.

I'm not manic, I just lay around and watch TV. I haven't even been outside to check the mail since Saturday. I'm just.... breathing in and out.

Even knowing that my behavior and sleep patterns are not normal, does not mean that I am capable of fixing them. Why? Because I don't care.

Thankfully I made two pans of ground turkey enchiladas last week, or I'd be living on cereal and toast. And chocolate covered dried fruit medley from Trader Joe's Addicting.

I'm thinking of going out this weekend and drink waaaaaay too much. But how would I get home? Hmm...

Can you tell I'm unemployed? I feel completely unemploy-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment