Friday, March 16, 2012

Recovering

I have a cast on, so I can't get into a tub or shower. I've been doing what my mom always called "bird baths"; wash in the sink with a washcloth. But last Saturday, I had a great idea, and here's the text of an email from the fallout of that great idea to a friend--something my Lurch of a husband did:

When I took my patio shower yesterday, we needed to turn on the cold water so I wouldn’t boil myself to death on the hot water only coming from the spigot. I told him to turn it on, but put one of those “big blue bowls (Tupperware HUGE bowl), in the lower left cupboard, under it, to catch the water while I’m showering. And don’t forget to turn it off.

So I shower, get toweled off and into a clean nightie, and I say, “Don’t forget to turn the cold water off.”


Lurch says, “Yeah, uh-huh. Ok.” And lumbers off.

Today, I’m teaching him how to grill chicken and make some rice from my rolling desk chair I'm sitting in in our dinky kitchen, and so I had him load up the dishwasher. Since it was full, I said, “Let’s run it while it’s full.” I open the cupboard door to get a gel soap pack, you know, the one he just bought 48 hours ago? from the bucket underneath the counter. Only it’s under the cold water knob and full of water. With everything still inside of it. One new pack of dishwasher gel packs melted into oblivion, wet nitrile gloves, glue, sponges, etc.

I’m telling you, the man does not live in this world.

Glad I didn’t pay for the gel packs; I’d be pissed. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment