Monday, February 20, 2012

I Married an Idiot

Honest-to-G*d.

He had today off, even though I didn't, and we ran some errands. He is not a good driver because he doesn't pay attention. We almost rear ended someone today because he was running his mouth instead of watching where he was going.

He missed driveways, parked me so close to an evergreen bush I could barely get out of the car; pulled the car out and then sat there, blocking traffic, as he waited for me to get to the car instead of driving toward me (I had mailed a letter); we bought groceries. When we got home, he handed me 3 bags of groceries and said "that's it."
"Really?" I said. "Where's the milk? Where are the Kotex?"
"I'll go check the car."
"OK" says I. I walk into the kitchen and there, on the stovetop (and we've had many, many conversations about not putting stuff on the glass stovetop [because you can't tell if it's hot or not.]), is the milk, the Kotex, and four bags of groceries. Also, a plastic bag holding a container of anti-freeze (that needs to stay in the car). He comes back in angry because he went out to the car for no reason.
"All you had to do was tell me you brought groceries in and put them on the stove. I thought the three bags you handed me were your first trip from the Car."
"I don't know what I brought in." And so on. And then an argument ensued about not putting items on the stove. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment