Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I was so determined....

...to get up at a reasonable hour (noon), but at 5am I was still awake without not a droopy eyelid in sight. So I kept reading. I don't know what time I got to sleep. The sun was up, that's for sure. And I woke up at 6:30pm. And I was pissed. Again.

I had a laundry list of things to do today, and I felt like since it was already dark, there was no point in even attempting to get anything done. And the hours awake loomed ahead of me. How to fill those hours.

And then I decided, you know what? fuck it, I'm taking a shower and running those errands--I have 3 hours to get them done--and I can make it. Phone calls that need to be made during biz hours, well, we'll try again tomorrow, but for today? We're not giving up.

So I showered including washing my hair (first time since Saturday), got dressed, made coffee, fixed a to-go mug, let one cat out, hugged the others, and headed out to pick up prescriptions at two different pharmacies.

I made it. I got all three prescriptions. I also was able to pick up a couple of things I needed at the store, and I still had time to go to Trader Joe's and get some dinner. And dessert. I knew I needed a dessert.

There was the 24 Karat Cake (carrot cake); Opera Cakes (not sure what these were but they looked yummy and came in chocolate, chocolate caramel, and raspberry vanilla bits); chocolate ganache cake, and chocolate covered panettone w/Italian cream interior.

I almost bought them all.

But I was too embarrassed that the cashier might wonder why I needed so many desserts. So I picked one: The Panettone. It was frozen, so it's been defrosting since about 9:30pm. It will be ready, shortly.

I also bought a bottle of champagne. I love champagne and have decided to drink it more for casual occasions. It's just sparkling wine.

So today was a better day, and changing my attitude helped a lot. I got a lot done.

My list for tomorrow is still long, but hey, it's better than being dead, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment