Monday, January 16, 2012

Successful People

The first thing successful people do upon achieving that success, is shuck any excess baggage that might drag them down or back to where they were, whether that's monetarily, psychologically, spiritually, whatever.

I am in the process of being shucked.

I had a friend who I had a lot in common with. A LOT. And this friend recently achieved a large degree of professional success. We also had a disagreement, the first and only one, over something stupid, and now this person is going out of their way to make sure I know how wrong they think I am. And no longer important in their life.

And it hurts.

Oh it's nothing done directly; it's all passive aggressive on their blog. Plausible deniability and so on. "Oh, I wasn't directing that at you...." Uh-huh. I hate passive/aggressive people. So petty and small.

I miss my friend. But I don't think they'll be coming back. And that's too bad.

And my husband? Why do I have this urge to pack a suitcase and run, far far away every time I spend any amount of time with him in a domestic setting?

How did women get away from their husband's in the past when they had no income of their own? Can a divorce attorney force him to keep paying the bills where I/we live? I don't know what to do. I want out. I must, for my sanity.

Or I'm going to swallow some pills with some good wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment